Foiling / Racing
High performance sail based on RS:RACING design and specifically developed to perform both on Wind foil and Slalom boards. The RS:FLIGHT is an evolution of the RS:RACING LT1 sail, and is designed on the concept of real world racing combined with key foiling features. Compared to a pure racing sail, the RS:FLIGHT has a higher aspect ratio, shorter boom and increased foot size to accommodate vertical rake when foiling.
The sail delivers quick and precise response instantly allowing the rider to adjust the power by sheeting in or out to control the flying height on the foil. The RS:FLIGHT brings a combination of excellent top-end speed, enhanced bottom-end power, superior control and stability to a wide range of performance minded sailors.
TWIST SHAPING CONCEPT
The twist shaping concept incorporates powerful, forward-oriented lower body profile together with increased twist and profile reduction in the mid-body area of the sail. This concept retains power and acceleration while at the same time increases the release in the lower leech area. As a result, the new R:FLIGHT can be sailed with more rake angle, increasing lift on the fin and improving top-end acceleration and speed. At the same time head twist is controlled in order to keep consistent pressure on the mast foot and prevent the nose of the board from lifting in gusts.
PROGRESSIVE ASPECT RATIO
RS:FLIGHT features progressive aspect ratios across different sail sizes in order to address the specific functionality. Higher aspect ratio in larger sizes (7.8 and up) increases light wind efficiency and performance of the rig as well as improving maneuverability at the marks by reducing the boom length. Lower aspect ratio in smaller sizes (7.0 and down) helps maintain top-end control and stability by focusing the sail center of effort around the rider area where it is easier to control.
DUAL BOOM LENGTH DYNAMIC COMPACT CLEW
The dual boom length options, allows for the rider to adapt the sail's performance to various conditions. Outer clew position can be used when you are looking for extra power and upwind lift while the inside clew setting provides better power release and control. Those performance adjustments are made possible by the outer position supporting (locking) the lower leech twist for increased power, while the inner position allows the lower leech to twist freely making it release excessive power while locking the draft forward.
SEAMLESS LEADING EDGE
The evolution of component sleeve construction completely eliminates the front seam along the sail leading edge. This increases precision during the assembly process, reduces weight at the leading edge, creates a perfectly clean profile entry and eliminates a weak spot in construction at the exposed leading edge by removing any stitching that could come in contact with the mast.
COMPONENT SLEEVE CONSTRUCTION
Combining materials with specific properties in the RS:FLIGHT sleeve allowed us to achieve optimum profile entry stability and elasticity, critical for rotation and light weight. Front section (1) is made from Luff Glide woven material that has the necessary elasticity and durability to resist wear from direct mast contact. A low stretch Dyneema™ ArmourWeb section (2) can take high downhaul tension and is critical in stabilising the profile entry, providing smooth bridging between Ultra Cams. Tetoron is used for central-rear part of the sleeve (3) as this material combines elasticity, durability and light weight. Elasticity is critical to keep soft rotation as well as improves pumping performance in light wind.
QUADRUPLE LUFF PANEL LAYOUT
RS:FLIGHT features four continuous luff panels that carry most of the sail body shaping. This configuration stabilises the critical section draft position while also providing lightweight yet stretch-resistant way of increasing the film thickness proportional with downhaul load distribution. Continuous panels eliminated horizontal seams crossing the highly loaded leading edge, which increases response of the sail as well as durability. Introduction of this extremely stable leading edge platform that is able to take very high downhaul loads allowed us to integrate Clear Pocket construction in the remaining sail body.
- MINI BATCAM - Streamline and reduce weight in critical upper leech.
- CARBON LEECH MINI BATTENS - Provide max support with minimum weight.
- LOOPSTERS - Allowing easy rigging through loop to loop system that reduces the friction and eliminates any crossing lines (crucial when using adjustable outhaul system).
- BATCAM SCREW ADJUSTER - For easy and precise tension application.
- MINI CARBON BATTENS - For a smoother leading edge in the upper area where no cams are used.
- THREE-PIECE CAM BATTENS - A 3-piece batten provides the framework for the design of a smooth, lightweigh and stable sail profile.
- Carbon/fiberglass tube: stiffest section
- Hollow mid-section: medium stiffness
- Precision Tapered CNC Batten: variable stiffness
- KEVLAR BATTEN BRIDGES - To distribute the high downhaul load crossing the battens.
- AERODYNAMIC BOOM CUTOUT CLOSURE - Prevents the apparent wind from blowing into the mast sleeve and generating drag
- BATTEN CHAFE PROTECTION - Abrasion resistant PU print to help protect the battens from damage caused by rigging or boom contact.
- 3X ULTRACAMS - Innovative suspended camber system dramatically improves sail rotation and acceleration out of gybes. Simultaneous tuning of battens and cambers makes the sail easy to tune.
- CLEAR POCKET BATTEN SLEEVE - Overlapping body panels create a sleeve for battens, eliminating the need for traditional, separate batten pockets. This saves on unnecessary weight, simplifies construction and creates a fully symmetrical batten cavity, eliminating the tendency of traditional batten pockets to load differently from one tack to another.